Frequently Asked Questions
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory
We hope that you and your loved ones continue to be safe, healthy and hopeful. As we continue to deliberate and tackle the challenges we’re all currently facing in the event industry, we will be reopening our warehouses and delivery operations on Monday, June 1st.
At the dawn of an age where events will commence in ways we never imagined, we’re here to assure you that we will partner with you every step of the way as we navigate through this erratic time together. We are committed to making this a safe transition for our employees, for you, and for your customers as they rely on you to help them make reasonable choices. As part of that commitment, we have outlined our workplace safety guidelines and product cleaning/sanitation procedures below. Thank you for putting your trust in us.
Your Friends at Party Rental Ltd.
How we ensure workplace safety
Safety is one of our Core Values at Party Rental Ltd. and we take it very seriously. In an effort to maintain a safe, injury-free workplace we remain compliant with all of the safety guidelines recommended by OSHA.
• Our COVID-19 Preparedness and Work Safety Policies will continue to be updated based on OSHA Guidelines. As we receive updates from OSHA, the CDC and local health authorities, we will continue to provide guidance to our employees on healthy workplace habits. This includes training on the proper use of gloves and hand-washing based on specific duties to avoid spreading the virus in high-touch areas.
• We have mandated the use of masks and vinyl gloves for all warehouse, delivery and operational employees, as well as masks for our front office teams.
• All employees will remain at least six feet apart while performing their daily tasks. Work teams will be established for tasks that cannot be accomplished alone, and employees assigned to work teams will routinely work together while keeping their distance from everyone else.
• All sanitation stations in our offices, warehouses and delivery trucks contain hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol. All employees will be required to wash their hands at the beginning and the end of each shift and at least every 60 minutes throughout, using hand sanitizer when sinks are not available.
• All high-touch areas (dining areas, restrooms, door handles, light switches, railings, trash receptacles, etc.) are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
• Any employee who doesn’t feel well or has symptoms of COVID-19 is required to notify their supervisor and stay in home isolation for 14 days. Medical authorization to return to work is mandatory for any employee who tests positive for the virus.
• Each of our Delivery Team members will enter through designated areas each day to have their body temperatures taken & recorded. Any of our employees who make deliveries will be tested to ensure that their body temperature meets the CDC guidelines before going out on the road.
How we clean and sanitize our rental products
Linens: All of our returned linens are laundered with detergent and sanitized in our commercial tunnel washer before they are dried, pressed and individually bagged at our laundry facility. Both used and unused linens are cleaned using water temperature settings and wash cycles in accordance with FDA guidelines.
China, Glassware, Flatware & Serveware: Our china, flatware, glassware and serveware are cleaned in our commercial dishwashers on a sanitizing cycle before being stored in single-use plastic. Our dishwashing equipment is programmed to use water temperatures in excess of 180 degrees Fahrenheit to remain in accordance with FDA guidelines. These products are wrapped and stored for future use immediately after they are cleaned.
Totes and Crates: The totes and crates we use to wrap and carry our equipment are also cleaned via the dishwasher. Most of the items that hold our rentals have been converted to plastic/composite, however the wooden boxes that are still in use are sanitized by our disinfectant fogger machine.
Kitchen & Other Service Equipment: All of our kitchen and service equipment (ovens, proofing racks, tables, chairs, bars, etc.) are wiped down with disinfecting cleaner and sanitized before they are stored for future events, in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
What we’re doing to ensure safe deliveries
• Each of our Drivers will be assigned to Delivery Teams that manage designated delivery vehicles. We will establish schedules for each delivery vehicle and pair the same Drivers up each day. Each Delivery Team will be responsible for cleaning their designated vehicles. Delivery Team members will only utilize their designated vehicles.
• All of our Delivery Team members will enter through designated areas before starting their shifts to have their body temperatures taken & recorded. Any team member with a body temperature that doesn’t meet the CDC guidelines will be instructed to go home and won’t be permitted to go out on the road.
• Our Delivery Team members are required to wear masks and gloves which will be changed after each delivery and pickup. Checkpoints have been designated at all of our warehouse locations to ensure that each team member has sufficient gloves & masks.
• All of our delivery vehicles are stocked with hand sanitizer and anti-viral spray to wipe down interior surfaces. Delivery Team members will be instructed to perform contactless deliveries and drop offs to minimize person-to person contact whenever possible. For deliveries that require installation, our drivers will maintain at least 6 feet away from customers who need to offer instruction.
Hours of Operation
Beginning June 1st, our hours of operation for deliveries and pickups will be Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
As we prepare to reopen, you can place future orders for events beginning June 1st online. If you don't have an online account you can quickly create one here. Please visit this page for the most recent information as the situation continues to evolve. The safety and health of our employees and our customers are our number one priority.
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
Coronavirus Resource Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu
Placing and Managing an Order
- Q: How do I place a rental order?
- A: We are thrilled to introduce our online ordering system! Instead of placing your rental order by phone or email, you can now select your items, add them to a cart, and check out directly through our website. You can place your orders at any time of day or night, whenever works best for you.
- Q: When should I place my rental order?
- A: We recommend you submit your rental order as soon as you know the details of your event so that we may check availability of your desired rental items and delivery/pick up dates. To use our online ordering system, please submit your order at least two (2) days prior to delivery.
- Q: Can I make revisions to my order after it’s been submitted?
- A: Absolutely! You may make revisions to your order up to two (2) business days prior to delivery. Should you need to make revisions less than two (2) days prior to delivery, please contact Customer Service at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776) for assistance. (Additional charges may apply.)
- If you have an account on our website, you can make revisions by doing the following:
- Log into My Account.
- Go to the Upcoming Events section.
- Select the order you'd like to revise.
- Complete your revisions.
- Continue the online checkout process.
- If you don't have an account on our website, you can request revisions by live chat, by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776). Please have your Event Number ready (eg. E0123456).
- Q: How can I check the status of my order?
- A: If you have an account on our website, you can check the status of your order by logging in and viewing your Upcoming Events.
- If you do not have an account on our website, you can check the status of your order by visiting the Order Status page and entering your Event Number, Delivery Zip Code, and the email address of the event contact.
- Q: Do you only work with event professionals?
- A: We are proud to work with clients of all backgrounds on their special events of any size.
Delivery and Fees
- Q: What states do you service?
- A: Our standard delivery area includes the following states in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions:
- New York
- New Jersey
- Washington, D.C.
- Rhode Island
- However, we are proud to have supported events from Miami to Vermont and beyond. Please contact Customer Service at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776) for more information on our nationwide delivery services. (Additional delivery charges will apply.)
- Q: Do you charge delivery fees?
- A: We have standard delivery/pick up charges that apply to all orders - please refer to our listing of typical delivery/pick up and processing fees that may be associated with an event. Orders that require more complex delivery/pick up arrangements or arrangements outside our standard business day may incur additional charges. Please contact Customer Service at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776) for more information.
- Q: What other fees may apply to my order?
- A: Your order may incur additional fees or charges if our delivery/pick up teams are required to use stairs, delivery/pick up is delayed due to the event, if there is a large distance between the truck and delivery location, or if it requires additional labor or services.
- Q: I’d like different parts of my order to deliver to different locations on-site (i.e. one part delivered to the ballroom, another part delivered to the kitchen, etc.). How can I note this on my order?
- A: You’ll love our Drop Zone feature! Drop Zones are defined as "a specific area at one address where a portion of an order will be placed." On the cart page, you can find a section "Manage Drop Zones & Tags." There, you can add, edit, or remove your Drop Zones. You can assign Drop Zones to products from the dropdown in the cart list, or as you are adding an item to the cart from the Quick Add or product page.
- Q: I’d like different parts of my order to deliver to different addresses (i.e. to my commissary). How can I note this on my order?
- A: While our online ordering system does not currently support this feature, our Customer Service Team will be happy to help! Please contact Customer Service online, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776) with your Event number and they’ll be happy to assist.
- Q: Do you setup and breakdown the rental products?
- A: Our delivery/pick up teams will setup and breakdown several of our rental products at no additional charge including specialty tables, bars, cooking equipment, dance floors, and platforms.
- We can perform chair unbagging/bagging, chair setup and breakdown, and table setup and breakdown services at an additional cost—you can opt to add those services during checkout. Please contact Customer Service at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776) for more information.
- Q: Can I pick up my rental order from your warehouse or Design Studio?
- A: Unfortunately, we are not able to arrange for client pick ups/drop offs at any of our locations.
- Q: Do you have an order minimum?
- A: Yes, our order minimum is $375, which is to be met with products and does not include delivery/labor charges or sales tax.
- Q: How can I view product pricing?
- A: You can view product pricing by simply browsing our website. Please be sure to enter the date and zip code of your event location so that you may see pricing specific to that location.
- Q: Can I place a linen-only order?
- A: Yes, you can place a linen-only by contacting Customer Service by phone at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776) or by email at email@example.com. Your linen-only order can be shipped nationwide via FedEx.
Payment and Policies
- Q: When is payment due for my order?
- A: We require all orders to have a valid method of payment on file prior to delivery. Please note that orders will not be released for delivery without a valid method of payment. Our drivers cannot accept payment upon delivery.
- Q: What types of payment methods do you accept?
- A: If you are placing your order online, we only accept credit cards (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover). To pay by check or apply for credit terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Q: My business or event is tax exempt. How can I reflect this on my order?
- A: Please email your tax exempt certificate to our Accounting team at email@example.com
- Q: I have an international (non-U.S.) billing address. How do I process payment for my event?
- A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Event number and billing address so they can assist with special processing. Please do not email any credit card numbers.
- Q: What is your cancellation policy?
- A: You may cancel your order any time up until two (2) business days prior to delivery and no fee will be charged. Cancelling your order or removing items from your order the day prior to delivery will incur a restocking fee equal to 50% of the price of the items cancelled or removed. Cancelling your order on the day of delivery will result in a 100% cancellation fee.
- Q: What is your standard rental period?
- A: The price of our rental equipment includes a 72-hour rental period. Should you need to keep our products longer than 72-hours, additional charges will apply.
- Q: Do I need to clean/launder my rentals prior to pick up?
- A: When renting china, glassware, silverware, trays, bowls, serving pieces, etc. we ask that you remove any excess debris by scraping or rinsing off the equipment prior to returning. Please return them in the crates and racks in which they are delivered.
- If you rented linens, please do not attempt to wash or dry them. Please remove any food, menus, favors, etc. from the linens before packing them for pick up. If linens become wet while in your possession, please allow them to air dry and then place the dirty linens in the linen bag(s) provided.
- Please be sure to remove any food/pots/pans from cooking equipment prior to pick up. Please be sure to empty the ashes from the Big John grill prior to pick up. Important note: All oil must be emptied from deep fryers prior to pick up, as we cannot transport cooking oil.
- Q: What happens if I break or misplace something?
- A: While we do not charge a standard breakage fee on our orders, you may incur additional charges for broken or missing items upon pick up. If an item is missing or broken upon delivery, please notify Customer Service at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776) as soon as possible.
- Q: What happens if I don’t use part of my rental order?
- A: We do not issue refunds for any unused products.
- Q: What is your sales tax policy?
- A: We have prepared this sales tax policy statement to explain to you when and why we collect sales tax on your purchases.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Even if we do not collect sales tax from you, you may owe sales tax on your purchase. Unless you live in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon, your state most likely requires purchasers to report and pay tax on all purchases that are not taxed at the time of sale. The tax may be reported and paid on your individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return. For more information, please visit your state's department of revenue website.
- PARTY RENTAL LTD. COLLECTS SALES TAX in states where we have physical presence (or nexus), including Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington DC. Party Rental Ltd. also collects sales tax in Virginia.
- PARTY RENTAL LTD. DOES NOT COLLECT SALES TAX in any state NOT listed above because Party Rental Ltd. is not required to collect sales or use tax in these states.
- FOR OUR TAX-EXEMPT CUSTOMERS: PARTY RENTAL LTD. DOES NOT COLLECT SALES TAX if we have your exemption certificate on file.
- Q: How do I create an account on your website?
- A: click or tap on the Log in/Register link at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Q: Why should I create an account on your website?
- A: By creating an account through our website, you get access to exclusive, helpful features including the ability to:
- Create and save multiple carts. This feature is great if you are considering multiple different options for your event or for when you need to work on more than one event at a time. Just remember, carts don't reserve your items – you need to check out to do that.
- Share carts & orders. You can email carts or orders to anyone you want to share them with. This can be helpful when you want a team member or client to review the items and provide feedback. Select the "Share" option to tell us who you want to share with, and we'll send them a link to a read-only view of the cart or order.
- Manage your account in one convenient place. You can get price lists, pay for your orders online, manage your email subscriptions, and more, whenever and wherever you'd like.
- Q: I created an account. What’s next?
- A: You're all set! You should get an email to confirm your account creation shortly after submission. Please be sure to take a few minutes to complete your profile, found under Profile in My Account.
- Q: I'm having trouble logging into my account. What should I do?
- A: First try using the Forgot Your Password? functionality. If that doesn't solve your problem, please contact Customer Service online, by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776).
- Q: Can I change my password?
- A: You can change your password any time you want. Log into My Account and go to Profile. You can change your password there.
- Q: I visit your website a lot. How can I bookmark it on my phone for quick access?
- A: Want to have our website truly at your fingertips? You can pin our website to your home screen so that our site will appear just as any other app. Then, you can access it with a quick tap, perfect when you're on-the-go.
- Start by opening our site in your browser, or just type it into the search.
- Next, tap the menu button. In some cases there is a “Add to Home Screen” menu option right there, for others it might under the "Page" options.
- Launch the Safari app.
- Open our site in your browser, or just type it into the search.
- Tap on the Share button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap on Add to Home Screen.
- Select a name for the new icon and confirm.
- Easy, right? The Party Rental Ltd. website is now pinned to the home screen for quick access. Arrange it into the place of your liking.
- While on our website, grab the icon (could be a page, or the letter i in a circle, etc.) to the left of the url and drag it to your desktop.
- Now you can click or tap once to go to our site!
- Users you invite are added immediately after they accept your invitation and set up their User Name & password.
- While on the Party Rental Ltd. website, click or tap the More Actions button.
- Next, click or tap Pin to Start.
- Now when you go to the Start Menu, the web page will be there - one click or tap to open!
- While on our website, pull up the app bar — for example, by right-clicking or swiping up from the bottom of your screen — and tap the star icon.
- Tap the pin icon, enter a name for the shortcut, and click Pin to Start. The website will appear as a tile on your Start screen.
- After that, all you need to do is click or tap the tile and the website will open.
- While on the Party Rental Ltd. website, tap the More (...) button and tap Pin to Start in the menu that appears.
- After that, all you need to do is click or tap the tile and the website will open.
From Any Browser:
From Microsoft Edge:
Windows 8, 8.1, RT, 10
Windows 8, 8.1, and RT devices also offer a way to pin websites to your Start screen or taskbar for easier access.
Windows 8, 8.1, and RT devices also offer a way to pin websites to your Start screen or taskbar for easier access.
Your Device Not Listed?
If you have another type of smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.; it probably has this feature, too. Just open its browser and look in its menu for an option named something like "Add to home screen" or "Pin to home screen."
Contact Us/Get Help
- Q: I have a question about a product or order. Can someone assist me?
- A: Absolutely. Our Customer Service team is available to service you from 8am-7pm, Monday through Friday. From April through December, we are also staffed on Saturdays 8am-6pm and Sundays 8am-4pm.
- Here's how to reach us:
- By phone: 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By live chat: While browsing our website, look at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen for our Live Chat window. There, you can directly reach one of our Event Rental Specialists.
- Q: What should I do if I need to reach someone after regular business hours?
- A: We are proud to offer 24/7 Customer Service for all of our events. Should you need to reach us after business hours regarding an emergency for an event in progress, please contact our on-call staff by phone 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776) and follow the prompts.
- Q: What is a Multiple Order Quantity (MOQ)?
- A: Certain items like flatware will be only be available for rental in multiples instead of per piece. Most flatware and dinnerware will be rented in MOQ of 10.
- Q: Which products are rented in Multiple Order Quantity (MOQ)?
- A: All Wooden Folding Chairs, Flatware, Chinaware and Glassware will be rented in Multiple Order Quantities.
- Q: Why can't I rent flatware by the unit?
- A: Although we understand you may have limited need for certain products in smaller quantities, we no longer "break packs", which ensures accuracy and timely delivery of your orders.
- Q: I only need service for 14, why do I need to order 20?
- A: There are certain items (Flatware, Chinaware and Glassware) that will not be available by the piece, but only in multiples (typically 10). So if you need 14, you will be required to order a minimum of 20.
- Q: How come if I order 17 wooden folding chairs, the system automatically increments my quantity to 20?
- A: Certain products are rented in Multiple Order Quantities (MOQ) and will automatically be adjusted to the higher quantity. You will be given a warning message, but the amounts will be incremented automatically.
- Q: Will I be charged for the entire Multiple Order Quantity even though I only need partial?
- A: Yes. You will only be able to order certain items in Multiple Order Quantities (MOQ) and will be charged for all items you order - there will be no partial or adjusted pricing.
- Q: If I order 100 forks which come in a Multiple Order Quantity of 10, will I get 10 bags of 10?
- A: In order to reduce waste we will pack and stock our shelves with larger quantities that are in multiples of 10, so it is likely you may get 1 bag of 100, or perhaps 2 bags of 50. Although possible, but unlikely you may also get 10 bags of 10.
- Q: Why are wooden folding chairs only available in Multiple Order Quantities of 4?
- A: Wooden Folding Chairs are packed and transported in canvas bags that hold 4 chairs each and we no longer "break packs", which ensures accuracy and timely delivery of your orders.
- Q: Why are most flatware and chinaware patterns now only available in Multiple Order Quantities of 10?
- A: We chose 10 as a multiple as it is easier to calculate multiples (easier than 8 or 12) and thought this would lead to less errors and confusion.
- Q: Glassware is only available as full rack or half rack, but how do I know how many glasses are in a rack?
- A: Unlike flatware which is packaged in disposable bags, glassware comes in racks that have different slots - most glass racks are either 5x5 (25) or 6x6 (36).
- A 5x5 rack - a half rack will be 12 and a full rack will be 24.
- A 6x6 rack - a half rack will be 18 and a full rack will be 36.
- The MOQ will be available on the website for each product.
- Q: Do you rent tents?
- A: We currently do not offer tent rental services.
- Q: Are cans of sterno, liners, and trays provided with your chafers, samovars, and proofing cabinets?
- A: No, please be sure to order cans of sterno, chafer liners, proofing trays, and, samovar liners separately.
- Q: How do I operate/troubleshoot the cooking equipment?
- A: To help you get your rental cooking equipment up and running, we've created a series of YouTube videos that show you how to use and troubleshoot the equipment. Please see our videos for Cooking Equipment, Fun Foods, and Propane Equipment. We have installed digital meters on several pieces of equipment to help with troubleshooting; please see this video and this accompanying blog post for more information on how to use the digital meters.
- If you still require assistance, please contact Customer Service at 1-844-GO-HIPPO (464-4776).
- Q: What size dance floor do I need for 200 guests?
- A: The rule of thumb: three (3) square feet of dance floor per dancing guest and 2/3 of the party might be dancing at any one time.
- For two hundred (200) guests that would translate to 132 guests dancing at any one time. 132 guests x 3 sq.ft. per guest = 396 sq.ft., translating to a 20' x 20' floor. The closest floor to that would be 21' x 21' which is 49 sections.
- Q: I am having a party for 250 people. How much space will I need?
- A: Dinner parties require approximately twenty (20) square feet per person. You would need a space that is approximately fifty (50) feet wide by one hundred (100) feet long. Obviously, these dimensions will change depending on the size of your tables, if you are going to have a dance floor, etc. A cocktail party typically requires about half the space.
- Q: How Many glasses do I need for a cocktail party?
- A: We generally recommend the following rule of thumb: 1.5 glasses per person for the first hour and 1 glass per hour for every hour after. For example, if there will be 100 guests at a 3-hour cocktail party, you would order (1.5 x 100) + (1 x 100) + (1 x 100) = 350 glasses. Please consider the amount and types of beverages you will be serving in addition to your guests’ preferences when determining your exact quantities.
- Q: If I am having a buffet dinner how many plates should I order?
- A: To allow for seconds you should generally order 1.25 plates per guest. This may change if you are serving multiple main courses.
- Q: If I am using small plates and creating "Stations" for my buffet how many plates should I order?
- A: A good guesstimate is approximately five (5) plates per person. Other factors to think about that may increase or decrease the number are how many stations are serving at the same time, how long is the event, do guests come and go or will they remain in the same area for the entire event.